PGMBM is a unique partnership between British, Brazilian and American lawyers, with particular expertise in group litigation and is currently managing some of the largest claims in English legal history including claims arising from the collapse of the Fundão Dam, the largest environmental disaster in the history of Brazil. The firm is also at the cutting-edge of group consumer claims, representing thousands of affected clients throughout Europe and across the globe.
PGMBM, has grown globally, expanding out of its London offices into Europe and the United States. PGMBM now requires a Partner to head up our new litigation practice based in Edinburgh.
The ideal candidate will have excellent management and preferably cross-border litigation experience with a keen interest in one or more of the following fields:
- Environmental protection and Human rights; and
- Data protection;
- Consumer product liability;
- Medical product liability;
- Competition law.
Our Senior Lawyers provide their insights, knowledge of procedure, an ability to develop a case strategy, as well as their existing knowledge applicable procedural rules of law.
We are keen on candidates who are looking to becoming a key asset on the firm’s expansion plans. This exceptional opportunity suits ambitious lawyers who enjoy working as part of a collaborative and dynamic team and share our passion for achieving justice for those we represent.
- Manage large, complex and contentious cases, including multi-jurisdictional disputes in a fast-paced environment;
- Work closely with partners and lawyers in your team to deliver high standard work;
- Advise on case strategy aligned with the clients’ interests;
- Assist the firm in achieving its professional objectives;
- Develop and maintain relationships with external counsel, expert witnesses, financial partners and other external parties;
- Supervise junior associates and trainees and provide them with adequate mentoring and training;
- Contribute to PGMBM’s business developments, including raising the firm’s profile by partaking in marketing activities and contributing to the firm’s publications.
What we are looking for:
- Partner level and Senior Associate level lawyers with strong technical skills with proven experience in complex litigation, preferably with experience in environmental protection, competition, data protection or consumer/medical product liability;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand the clients’ needs and an ability to adopt the best-case strategy;
- Excellent knowledge of the Scottish court procedure rules and managing proceedings in the Scottish courts;
- Great attention to detail and accuracy to produce work which is consistently of a high standard;
- Be highly organised and able to work well independently as well as collaboratively ;
- Experience of supervising and mentoring junior associates/paralegals;
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by previous collaborative work with external and internal parties;
- Demonstrate flexible approach to work to ensure client deadlines are met and clients are communicated with efficiently.
PGMBM Employee Commitment
At PGMBM we believe in championing personal growth and achievements, but first and foremost, we’re also a team, and a team is strongest when everyone feels that they are supported and valued as individuals.
We know that our team are the heart of PGMBM and that is why we make the following commitment to all our people:
- To be a meritocracy with a fair and transparent pay review process.
- To offer opportunities for internal promotion.
- To provide everyone with a fair and structured performance review process.
- To provide a learning environment that supports its employees in becoming experts in their roles.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and benefits package and the chance to join an ambitious and growing specialist litigation law firm.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson, Director
Edinburgh: 0131 450 7164