We are looking for an Associate level Lawyer to join our TMT Team in Scotland. This role can be based in either our Edinburgh or Glasgow office, with flexibility to travel between the two offices on occasions. We are seeking to appoint a Lawyer with a minimum of 1 years’ PQE.
Candidate & Role Summary:
This represents an exciting opportunity for the right individuals. Pinsent Masons has a tier one TMT international practice with TMT lawyers operating across the globe. The Scotland TMT team is our largest TMT team outside of London. The practice has a strong sector focus, particularly financial services clients, energy suppliers, retail, universities, technology suppliers and customers seeking digital solutions and innovation. The team is focussed on key client propositions, such as FinTech and Big Data), which interface to a wide range of sectors, such as infrastructure and construction, energy and real estate.
This is a dynamic team where every team member can make his or her own mark. We welcome self-starters who want to progress and who enjoy challenging work in new areas.
The role is wide-ranging and will include:
- Supporting clients with their digital, technology outsourcing and business change projects;
- Acting for customers and suppliers in sourcing related deals;
- Developing ongoing relationships with an existing client base as well as supporting pitches for new opportunities;
- Developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
- Taking an active role in our campaigns and the development of our products.
The successful candidates will:
- Have gained experience in a firm with an established TMT practice or a large commercial practice, specialising in sourcing related matters;
- Have grounding in IT, Data Protection and Commercial Law;
- Understand or be keen to learn about the financial services sector and regulations around sourcing;
- Be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues;
- Be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- Be receptive to different ways of working including strong project management;
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing international team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- You will be working with colleagues who are leading specialists in the TMT sector.
- We have an unparalleled client base comprising major banks and insurance companies, major technology businesses, large energy suppliers and a number of leading international companies in our five global sectors.
- We are focussed on specific client propositions and have a very clear ‘go to market’ strategy.
- We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver “best of breed” services.
- The very best national and international work;
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships;
- Genuine long-term career prospects supported through our “best in class” training and our Academy personal development programmes.
About the Firm:
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, with over 3,400 staff and operating out of 26 locations across the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which our clients operate. Our global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
The firm has significant international credentials in the financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate, and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include asset management and investment funds, corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives, technology and tax advice.
We aim to promote progress and change so that our business can work better for people. Pinsent Masons has embedded a range of diversity & inclusion initiatives to create an environment in which it’s people can flourish. We operate an agile working scheme, which offers staff flexibility in terms of where they work.
We stand out for our innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm has developed a number of in-house legal technology & project management solutions, operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario, and a global Diversity and Inclusion consultancy, Brook Graham. Put simply, we offer a range of professional disciplines to our clients, enabled by our people, process and technology.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the “Law Firm of the Year Award 2019 – Legal Business” for the second time and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Pinsent Masons was also named Law Firm of the Year 2018 by The Lawyer, and is ranked No 1 on the UK Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2019.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson, Director
Edinburgh: 0131 450 7164
Glasgow: 0141 244 0260