Purpose of Role:
Dentons’ Global Employment and Labor Group includes over 400 lawyers, spread across our offices, who represent clients in connection with employment and benefits related litigation, corporate and governmental investigations, executive compensation and day to day HR advice. With our global presence and contacts, we are one of only a few firms that can provide multinational businesses with a coordinated solution to all their employment and benefits needs throughout the world.
We now have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Senior Associate to join our growing practice in Scotland. This role would primarily be based in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
You can expect a broad mix of work ranging from HR advisory, litigation in both the employment tribunal and in the courts, M&A and employment aspects of commercial contracts. You will also work on large global projects with colleagues across the Dentons network.You will maintain client relationships, contribute to business development and thought leadership, raising your own profile and supporting the continued growth of the practice.
The Dentons platform provides a fantastic opportunity for individuals to progress their career and be part of a growing practice. We are looking for people who are excited by the opportunity to contribute to that growth, whilst developing their expertise. The UK People, Reward and Mobility team works as one practice across Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and Milton Keynes. We have over 40 lawyers specialising in employment, pensions, and immigration, and we are growing rapidly. Our clients include the Edrington Group, Bacardi, John Lewis, TUI, Dyson, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co Partners LLP (KKR) and Sainsbury’s.
We work with an interesting variety of clients across all sectors, with specific expertise in financial services institutions, media, technology, retail, transport and food and beverage. For this role we are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working or flexible start and finish times. Please indicate any preference in your application.
- You will be part of a team working on a wide variety of matters, gaining broad experience with first rate clients.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Contribute to business development and speak at client seminars.
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the team.
- Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of employment law and experience of providing commercial advice to businesses, large and small, on employment related matters.
- Ideally some transactional support experience and / or experience of court litigation.
- Ability to work with a degree of independence.
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability.
- Dedicated to exceptional client service.
- Excellent business development ability and demonstrates market focus.
- Strong financial and business awareness.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team working skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills.
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development.
Dentons is the world’s largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons’ polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com.
On offer is a highly competitive, top-tier salary and benefits package.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson, Director
Edinburgh: 0131 450 7164
Glasgow: 0141 244 0260