DWF is an award-winning legal business with a strong reputation for excellent client service and effective operational management. There are now over 2,700 people in the DWF Group, based in 25 key locations across the globe.
We are seeking to recruit a Scottish qualified Senior Associate to join our Insurance practice group in Edinburgh. The successful candidate will be based within our Commercial Insurance – ARG team.
The ARG team (Advanced Recovery Group) is instructed by our insurer clients predominantly to pursue subrogated property damage recovery claims, that is, to recover insurers’ outlay where damage has been caused to their customer’s property, be it commercial or domestic premises. The team also handles an increasing number of defender instructions. The successful candidate will have his or her own caseload and will be responsible for achieving optimal outcomes and supporting business development activity to drive the business forward in the Scottish market. You will be expected to manage client expectations to a high level of service delivery both internally and externally while acting as a role model to coach and develop a junior Solicitor within the team.
- To action all cases in line with department/client service standards and protocols.
- To deal with technical aspects of the case.
- To ensure that financial targets are met.
- Use of the Case Management system and use of standard documentation wherever appropriate.
- To ensure client care in all cases.
- Progress cases to a satisfactory/speedy settlement in accordance with client requirements.
- Record all time accurately.
- Partake in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the DWF business as and when required.
- To follow all the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Appear in both Edinburgh and Glasgow Sheriff Court for oral hearings.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties but if you have a good working knowledge of the Scottish Legal system and you are keen to join a quickly expanding team we will be delighted to offer you further information.
What we can offer:
We want you to feel valued and rewarded by your time at DWF. We understand the importance of offering you a reward package that goes beyond simply salary. That’s why, when you join DWF, you’ll be given a choice. You can pick from a range of benefits, allowing you to build a package that suits your needs and lifestyle, as well as those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits (medical insurance, life insurance, pension and 25 days annual leave), we offer flexible benefits which include season ticket loans, holiday buy / sell scheme, gym memberships, health assessments, cycle to work, retail vouchers and dining cards.
If you want to build an exciting future with one of Europe’s most innovative legal businesses, apply below as we’re interested in hearing from you.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson, Director
Edinburgh: +44 (0) 131 450 7164