The market-leading Energy Group at CMS is looking to bring in an ambitious Associate to be part of the future facing Energy and Oil & Gas Team in Aberdeen.
About the role:
The oil and gas industry is a challenging but exciting sector that continues to impact the world we live in. Industry players have a leading role in helping the UK meet its net zero ambitions. The market leading Oil & Gas Team at CMS is the largest UK-based team dedicated to this industry, providing advice to clients all around the world, on all aspects of the industry; upstream, downstream, CCUS (and wider energy transition), LNG, platforms, pipelines, FPSOs, shipping and transportation, gas storage, supply chain management, decommissioning, M&A and financing included.
As a member of the UK Oil & Gas Team you will work on a broad range of complex, high value, and high profile M&A transactional, projects and supply chain work for top tier clients within the oil and gas sector across the UKCS and internationally working closely with many household names in the energy sector.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 years PQE gained in private practice or in-house within the UK or other common law jurisdiction with a commercial, corporate or an oil & gas focus (candidates with less experience will be considered);
- Experience of transactional, projects and/or supply chain work in the oil and gas sector in the UKCS and/or internationally;
- Experience drafting and negotiating oil, gas, LNG and LPG sale and purchase agreements;
- Strong commercial acumen and business development skills;
- A commitment to professional development and understanding the industry.
CMS is an international law firm with leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond. We create sustainable and rewarding futures for our clients, our people and our communities.
Ranked as the world’s 5th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in over 40 countries from 70+ offices worldwide. CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees! Benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 25 days annual leave;
- Flexible working opportunities;
- Flexible holiday purchase;
- Private Medical Health Insurance;
- Pensions package;
- Health & wellbeing incentives;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Individual office perks.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson, Director
Aberdeen: 01224 502 044
Edinburgh: 0131 450 7164
Glasgow: 0141 244 0260