The Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is the UK’s leading technology innovation and research centre for offshore wind, wave and tidal energy. Our strategy is to leverage our unique facilities and expertise to work in close partnership with the heavyweights of the offshore renewables industry – the OEMs and other large industrials, the developers and owner/operators – to improve existing and develop next generation renewable energy technology in the UK. In so doing, we enable and support the development of a vibrant indigenous supply chain, provide a clear route to market for innovative new companies and technologies, and direct and pull through applied research from the UK’s world-leading academic base.
Supporting the Senior Legal Counsel by providing a range of pro-active legal support in addressing legal implications and compliance issues across the business. Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts and research and development agreements under the supervision of the Senior Legal Counsel. Providing general research and legal administration and governance support.
- Providing a full range of pro-active legal support and advice across the business, primarily supporting the operational project activities;
- Engaging with the business to build credibility and trust, whilst supporting them in addressing legal implications and compliance issues;
- Negotiating and drafting a wide range of contracts from commercial matters to research and development agreements including input on intellectual property matters;
- Liaising with, and managing, external counsel and other professional advisors as required;
- Supporting the Senior Legal Counsel on resolving legal issues that face the business from time to time;
- General legal research and legal administrative duties as required, and supporting the Senior Legal Counsel with governance duties.
Authority & Decisions:
- To support the Senior Legal Counsel on legal matters across the business divisions.
- To support the Senior Legal Counsel in providing advice on delivery of project activities once the schedule of work programmes and Capex and Revenue budgets have been agreed by the Executive Management Team.
- A Qualified solicitor in Scotland or England & Wales;
- Ideally, knowledge and understanding of commercial contracts, IP, Research & Development agreements, state aid and procurement law.
- Circa 3+ PQE;
- Analytical, problem solving and ability to implement effective and creative solutions in a legally compliant manner;
- Excellent organisational and record keeping skills;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders;
- Confident and effective provision of advice to stakeholders to enable them to make accurate decisions;
- Ability to work constructively with business partners and ability to challenge where appropriate;
- Ability to work autonomously; must show ability and desire to “own a problem” and take responsibility for finding solutions;
- Flexibility and ability to react quickly to changing priorities;
- Keyboard and work processing skills;
- Proactive in approach to work.
Please note that this position is being handled exclusively by Thomson Legal and any 3rd party applications will be forward to Thomson Legal.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply please contact:
David Thomson, Director
Telephone: 0141 244 0260